Sigma Omega Chapter | ASCEND℠, Achievement, Self-Awareness, Communication, Engagement, Networking and Developmental Skills, is designed to motivate, engage and assist high school students in reaching their maximum potential and prepare them for life after high school through an emphasis on SMART, Science, Math and Related Technologies, Careers.
The program will begin September 12, 2015 on the campus of Xavier University.
Sigma Omega Chapter | ASCEND℠ Program Activities
- Team Building
- Grade Level College Seminars
- Study and Test Taking Skills
- Enrichment Workshops
- Global Issues
- Community Service Activities
- Cultural and Arts Activities
- Model United Nation Debates
- Financial Strategies for establishing a budget
Students will also engage in discussions regarding career and college exploration with professionals currently working in the students’ chosen industry.
Sigma Omega Chapter | ASCEND℠ Program Criteria
- Male and female students currently enrolled in grades 9-12; in good standing with their school
- Maintain a “C” grade average; current report card or school transcript must be included with the application
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation from a school counselor, teacher or community leader
Sigma Omega Chapter | ASCEND℠ Program Application Process
- Please Download the Sigma Omega Chapter ASCEND℠ Program Application
- Applications must be postmarked, via US mail, no later than July 31, 2015
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance, via email, no later than August 10, 2015
- Please fill-out all forms in the packet and forward the completed application and ten dollar, $ 10.00, applicate fee to
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Sigma Omega Chapter
ATTN: Sigma Omega Chapter |ASCEND℠Program
PO Box 17194
Cincinnati, OH 45217-0194
Failure to submit all parts of the application will exclude you from being considered for the program
Contact Sandra Mosley, Sigma Omega Chapter | ASCEND℠ Chairman at
email@example.com with any questions.